Time left to compete
FROM TOURISTS TO EXPLORERS
Master in Service Design in partnership with Italian Venture Hotellerie – January 2018
A PLATFORM FOR THE NEXT GEN TRAVELER
The evolution of digital technologies and social media, together with the huge amount of information available online through websites, blogs and online communities, and the ability to share memories and stories related to our personal travel experience is disrupting the travel industries. Many platforms today tries to answer to the needs and desires of the next generation of travelers, from social travel guides to the ability to book hotels by the hour, from chat-bots to augmented reality, from car and bike sharing to innovative payments methods.
In this ever-changing scenario, hotels play a crucial role in order to transform a trip into a unique experience. Implementing appropriate solutions and services for the next gen traveler is today more and more crucial in order to deliver a personalized and unique staying experience. Which tools and strategies hotels could adopt to enhance the future travel experience? How can hotels answer to the needs of the next gen travelers from the moment when they find inspirations for their next travel to the post-trip experience? Can hotels be considered as a bridge to explore the city, thus connecting the travelers with local cultures and helping them in their pursuit of uniqueness?
• “From Tourists to Explorers” project proposal in PDF format, max 10 slides. (The presentation technique is free according to the expressive skills of the candidate. It can include images, links to websites, videos, slide presentations)
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Motivation statement
• Copy of Degree Certificate
• Academic Transcripts
• Domus Academy Application Form*
The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format. Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury.
Download the Brief
The works must be delivered to Domus Academy by and no later than September 8th 2017.
Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by e-mail on September 29th 2017.
Projects in digital format must be uploaded clicking the button below:
or sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper works must be sent to:
From Tourists to Explorers
Master Program in Service Design
Via Darwin, 20 – 20143 Milan – Italy
When you submit your project, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at: email@example.com
- One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
- One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
- One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
- Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
Projects will be selected and evaluated by Faculty of the Master in Service Design of Domus Academy.