The competition is addressed to candidates who have a first-level degree and/or professional experience in visual and graphic design, product design, or communication. It is also open to candidates who hold a degree/diploma in marketing or the humanities, if they are motivated by interest in visual brand design and a strong portfolio.
The applications will be evaluated by the faculty of the master’s program and the Admissions Jury.
• A written description of the project, three A4 pages maximum; or a 10-slide PowerPoint/pdf presentation (including images).
The competition proposal must be accompanied by the following supplemental materials:
• Curriculum vitae
• Motivational letter
• Domus Academy Application form*
• Bachelor’s degree in Italian or English language
• Bachelor’s transcripts in Italian or English
• Copy of passport
• IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate
The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format.
ADDITIONAL FOR DOUBLE AWARD MASTER'S
• 2 Reference letters
• IELTS 5.5 overall and in every single part or equivalent certificate
• Bachelor’s degree in Italian or English language with GPA no lower than 2.2**
*Application fee is waived for competition participants
**Applications are opened also to students holding a Bachelor’s Degree lower than 2:2 provided that they have also one year of relevant work experience. Students in such case could be requested to attend an interview with the Postgraduate Admissions Panel and/or to produce further documentation upon request.
• One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €29.000 - Double Award Master's / €24.900 - Academic Master's (for non-EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included) and € 21.900 - Double Award Master's / €19.900 - Academic Master's (for EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included).
The applications must be sent to Domus Academy by and no later than October 8th 2021. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by email on October 27th.
MASTER'S PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
The Master’s Programme in Business Design creates new connections between the worlds of business and design. Students will work on projects relating to the business of design and the design of business. Enlightening and interdisciplinary, the Master’s Programme focuses on how to apply design methodology, sensitivity, and culture to any business. Students will study design-driven company management as they learn to draft plans for business development, branding, marketing, and communication—for product lines, startups, and established businesses.
• Candidates already holding a first-level academic diploma or bachelor’s degree, or who are about to graduate within the academic year 2021-2022
• Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language: IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate for Academic Master’s Programmes – IELTS 5.5 in all parts for Double Award Master’s Programmes.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All moral and authorship rights remain that of the author.
• Materials sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the project are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship described in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.