Master in Business Design
The competition is open to candidates who have a first-level academic degree and/or strong background and experience in the field of Business Design who wish to take their careers to the next level.
Candidates with a background in other related disciplines and wider experience may also partecipate.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CANDIDATES CAN APPLY TO ONE PROGRAMME ONLY.
The applications will be evaluated by the faculty of the Programme and the Admissions Jury.
• Digital project presentation, 16:9 landscape format, high resolution, maximum 15 slides. In the project, candidates should:
- research and analyze the concept of the Skills Economy, reflecting critically on what it is and what are the topics that are connected to it
- select and present a successful startup/company that operates in this field. Explain the criteria that motivated the choice
- explain why this particular business obtained excellent results, outperforming the competition, through its product or service
- illustrate its creative and business value in a clear and meaningful presentation
The competition proposal must be accompanied by the following supplemental materials:
• Portfolio of projects (not mandatory)
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Motivational letter
• Domus Academy Competition Application form
• Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma (in English) or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution if not graduated yet
• Copy of Bachelors Degree or Academic Diploma’s official transcript/mark sheet translated into English or Diploma Supplement if available or most updated official transcript/mark sheet if not graduated yet (listing subjects and exams, with corresponding number of hours/credits, final grade CGPA or Class if graduated, grading scale).
• Copy of passport
• IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate (if available)
• Documentation regarding further courses or seminars attended (if available)
The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format. Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the Jury.
ADDITIONAL FOR DOUBLE AWARD MASTER
• 2 Reference letters
• IELTS 5.5 overall and in every single part or equivalent certificate (if available)
• Bachelor’s degree in Italian or English language with GPA no lower than 2.2*
*Applications are opened also to students holding a Bachelor’s Degree lower than 2:2 provided that they have also one year of relevant work experience. Students in such case could be requested to attend an interview with the Postgraduate Admissions Panel and/or to produce further documentation upon request.
• from 6.000€ to 9.000€ of the total tuition fee for the Academic Master’s Programme and Double Award Master’s Programme.
Prizes will be calculated on 2024 tuition fees amounting to €31.000 - Double Award Master's / €27.000 - Academic Master's for non-EU passport holders (diploma fee is not included) and €24.900 - Double Award Master's / €22.900 - Academic Master's for EU passport holders (diploma fee is not included). Winners will be selected through a merit-based ranking.
The works must be delivered to Domus Academy by and no later than January 19th, 2024. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by February 14th, 2024.
MASTER'S PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
The Master’s Programme in Business Design creates new connections between the worlds of business and design. Students will work on projects relating to the business of design and the design of business. Enlightening and interdisciplinary, the Master’s Programme focuses on how to apply design methodology, sensitivity, and culture to any business. Students will study design-driven company management as they learn to draft plans for business development, branding, marketing, and communication—for product lines, startups, and established businesses.
Candidates already holding a first-level Academic Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree, or who are about to graduate within the Master’s Programme beginning, and, in any case, within the Academic Year 2023-24 (prior check with Admission Office).
Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma not lower than 2:2 (British undergraduate degree classification) for Double Award Master’s Programmes candidates.
Students holding a Bachelor Degree lower than 2:2 will be asked to take an admission interview and they must prove also one year of professional experience.
English language requirement:
• IELTS 5.0 for Academic Master’s Programmes
• IELTS 5.5 both overall and in every single part for Double Award Master’s Programmes
Participants not holding the official entry requirements may be evaluated for the Diploma Programme and, at the end of the course, will receive a Domus Academy Diploma, prior check with Admissions office before applying. Please write to: email@example.com
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Every moral or authorship right as to the project remains property of the author.
• The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• All the material must be the result of an unpublished work developed by the candidate, not to be used in other previous occasions.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship presented in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.
• The scholarship will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• If a candidate declines a scholarship offer, the scholarship will be transferred to the next candidate on the list.
• Selected candidates accept that part of their work can be published on Websites and/or Social Media channel.