Design For Children
Master in Product Design
The competition is addressed to candidates who have a first-level degree and/or professional experience in interior design, product design, architecture, engineering, visual arts, or other disciplines related to the field of study, who want to take their career in product design to the next level.
Projects will be selected and evaluated by the Faculty of the Master and the Admission Jury.
• Choose the presentation form that best matches your skills (such as hand sketches, digital illustrations, 3Drenderings, etc.). These should be delivered as a maximum of five A3-size storyboards. You must also write an abstract of the project (maximum length: one A4 page). Please send these materials in one single pdf with maximum file size 10 MB.
• Competition application form
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Artistic or professional portfolio.
• Motivation Letter
• Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma translated into English or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution.
• Official transcripts translated into English or most updated official transcripts if not yet graduated.
• IELTS 5.0 Academic or recognized equivalent certificate to be submitted within one month of course start date.
Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
• One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
• One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
• One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
• Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €28.600 (for non-EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included) and €19.900 (for EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included).
The works must be sent to Domus Academy by and no later than 25th October, 2019. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by email on 26th November, 2019.
MASTER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Product design anticipates the future, envisioning new ways for humans to interact with both natural and artificial domains. In the Master in Product Design program, you will explore the intersection of design, technology, and customer behavior.
You will have the opportunity to work on projects with companies on the front lines of product design, engineering, and business. You will learn how to analyze current industry directions, anticipate future trends, and explore new territories in design, technology, fabrication, and distribution.
• Candidates holding a first-level academic diploma or BA degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2018/19.
• Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate required within one month of course start date)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All moral or authorship rights of the project remain property of the author.
• The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• All the material must be the result of an unpublished work developed by the candidate, not to be used in other previous occasions.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship presented in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.
• The scholarship will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• The assigned scholarship which will not be confirmed could be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking list.
• Participants that will be selected accept that part of their work could be published on Websites and/or Social Media channels of Domus Academy.