2-year Master of Arts in Design Innovation
The competition is open to graduates in Design, Architecture, Strategic Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Service Design to design futures, as well as junior professionals working or willing to work in creative industries fields.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CANDIDATES CAN APPLY TO ONE PROGRAMME ONLY.
The applications will be evaluated by the Faculty of the Programme and the Admission Jury.
• Digital project presentation, A4 format, landscape, 300 d.p.i., maximum 15 slides. In the project, candidates should include:
- Framework and problem setting: which is your area of investigation?
- Research and insights: which are your supporting references? Which are the best practices and solutions already available on the market? Which are the behaviors, needs, and motivations of your audience?
- Challenge: which is the problem you are going to solve?
- Solution: give a name to your project and describe it with 200 words
- How it works: detail your solutions through images, diagrams, sketches, storyboards, experience prototype
The competition proposal must be accompanied by the following supplemental materials:
• Portfolio of projects
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Motivational letter
• Domus Academy Competition Application Form
• Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma (in English) or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution if not graduated yet
• Copy of Bachelors Degree or Academic Diploma’s official transcript/mark sheet translated into English or Diploma Supplement if available or most updated official transcript/ mark sheet if not graduated yet (listing subjects and exams, with corresponding number of hours/credits, final grade CGPA or Class if graduated, grading scale)
• Copy of passport
• English language certificate (if available)
• Documentation regarding further courses or seminars attended (if available)
The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format. Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the Jury.
• Scholarships covering from 4.000€ to 8.000€ of the total tuition fee for the first year and 4.000€** for the second year of the Master of Arts Programme.
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee of the 2-year Master of Arts Programme, amounting to €20.900 for non-EU passport holders and €15.900 for EU passport holders. Winners will be selected through a merit-based ranking.
**The scholarship is considered renewed for the second academic year provided the student passes exams for at least 40 credits within the 3rd exam session (autumn - September), with a weighted average not less than 27/30.
The works must be delivered to Domus Academy by and no later than January 19th, 2024. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by February 14th, 2024.
MASTER’S PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
This programme embraces design as a cultural act, activating and advancing innovation strategies,expanding methodologies and acknowledging the competition of different disciplines and areas of study in facing and solving the challenges of tomorrow. Students will experience an unconventional mix of learning activities both practical and theoretical.
They will explore Regenerative Design, Artificial Intelligence, Web3, design and complexity, and designing for emergent futures. They will also focus on tangible interaction, decentralised ownership, and hybrid experiences.
Courses are going to focus on taught learning with lectures, seminars and tutorials while workshops will involve them in an active learning focusing on project work, strategy and experimentation.
Candidates already holding a first-level Academic Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree, or who are about to graduate within the programme beginning, and, in any case, within the Academic Year 2023-2024 (option available only for students graduating in an Italian Academy/University*).
Additional requirement for students applying to the Master of Arts: at least 15 years of previous Education. Candidates who have a working knowledge of English language (IELTS 5.0).
Participants not holding the official entry requirements may be evaluated for the Diploma Programme course and receive a Domus Academy Diploma*.
*Prior check with Admissions office before applying. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Every moral or authorship right as to the project remains property of the author.
• The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• All the material must be the result of an unpublished work developed by the candidate, not to be used in other previous occasions.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship presented in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.
• The scholarship will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• If a candidate declines a scholarship offer, the scholarship will be transferred to the next candidate on the list.
• Selected candidates accept that part of their work can be published on Websites and/or Social Media channel.