Entrepreneurship Through Design
Master in Business Design
This competition is for candidates who have a first-level degree and/or professional experience in fashion design. It is also open to candidates with a background in other disciplines who have a deep interest in the program’s topics and possess a strong portfolio.
Projects will be selected and evaluated by the faculty of the master’s program and the Admissions Jury.
• A written description of the project, three A4 pages maximum; OR a 10-slide PowerPoint presentation (including images) - maximum file size 10 MB in one single pdf file.
• Competition application form
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Artistic or professional portfolio - *not mandatory.
• Motivation Letter
• Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma translated into English or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution.
• Official transcripts translated into English or most updated official transcripts if not yet graduated.
• IELTS 5.0 Academic or recognized equivalent certificate to be submitted within one month of course start date.
Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
• One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the master’s program
• One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the master’s program
• One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the master’s program
• Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the master’s program
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €28.600 (for non-EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included) and €19.900 (for EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included).
The works must be sent to Domus Academy by and no later than 25th October, 2019. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by email on 26th November, 2019.
MASTER’S PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The Master in Business Design program creates new connections between the worlds of business and design. You will work on projects relating to the business of design and the design of business. Enlightening and interdisciplinary, the program focuses on how to apply design methodology, sensitivity, and culture to any business. You will study design-driven company management as you learn to draft plans for business development, branding, marketing, and communication—for product lines, startups, and established businesses.
• Candidates already holding a first-level academic diploma or bachelor’s degree, or who are about to graduate within the academic year 2018–19
• Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate required within one month of course start date)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All moral and authorship rights remain that of the author.
• The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• All the material created for this competition must be unpublished work developed by the candidate and not used on previous occasions.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the project is deemed not to meet the standards defined by the jury. The jury will make these judgments at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship described in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.
• The scholarship amount will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• If a candidate declines a scholarship offer, the scholarship may be transferred to the next candidate on the jury list.
• Winning participants accept that part of their work could be published on the websites and/or social media channels of Domus Academy.