2 year Master of Arts in Fashion: Design, Art & Technology
The competition is open to graduates in Design, Fashion Design, Textile Design, Styling & Communication Design, Visual Design, Product Design, as well as junior professionals working or willing to work in creative industries fields.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CANDIDATES CAN APPLY TO ONE PROGRAMME ONLY.
The applications will be evaluated by the Faculty of the Programme and the Admission Jury.
Digital project presentation, A4 format, landscape, 300 d.p.i., maximum 15 slides, with the following:
- a 250-word abstract describing the inspiration, concept, Sustainable and innovative approach and key elements of the project.
- a mood board showing candidate’s visual research for the capsule collection
- slides containing (silhouette, materials, finishing, color palette)
- a minimum of 3 outfits womenswear and/or menswear (dummies and technical drawings front and back of each garment). For each garment: materials, details, notes.
The competition proposal must be accompanied by the following supplemental materials:
• Portfolio of projects
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Motivational letter
• Domus Academy Competition Application Form
• Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma (in English) or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution if not graduated yet
• Copy of Bachelors Degree or Academic Diploma’s official transcript/mark sheet translated into English or Diploma Supplement if available or most updated official transcript/ mark sheet if not graduated yet (listing subjects and exams with corresponding number of hours/credits, final grade CGPA or Class if graduated, grading scale)
• Copy of passport
• IELTS 5.0 or equivalent certificate (if available)
• Documentation regarding further courses or seminars attended (if available)
Candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in PDF format. Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the Jury.
• Scholarships covering from 4.000€ to 8.000€ of the total tuition fee for the first year and 4.000€** for the second year of the Master of Arts Programme.
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee of the 2-year Master of Arts Programme, amounting to €20.900 for non-EU passport holders and €15.900 for EU passport holders. Winners will be selected through a merit-based ranking.
**The scholarship is considered renewed for the second academic year provided the student passes exams for at least 40 credits within the 3rd exam session (autumn - September), with a weighted average not less than 27/30.
The works must be delivered to Domus Academy by and no later than January 19th, 2024. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by February 14th, 2024.
MASTER’S PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
In the contemporary landscape, where style and clothing play a paramount role in defining individuality and serve as a powerful medium for driving societal transformation, the 2-Year Master of Arts in Fashion: Design, Art & Technology introduces an innovative approach to creativity and the fashion industry.
The programme unlocks cross-cultural perspectives within multifaceted themes related to fashion design. It delves into the progressive convergence of fashion with new technologies, cutting-edge materials, and artificial intelligence, resulting in captivating immersive experiences and highly desirable tangible and virtual products.
Students will have the opportunity to explore and apply fashion that projects towards the future through an immersive journey encompassing revolutionary technologies for design representation, digital design, and a conscious and sustainable product vision. The programme’s key focus areas include:
• Circular and sustainable practices
• Application of new technologies in fashion and its communication
• Study of style expressions within the contemporary context
• Experimentation of interdisciplinary techniques for defining fashion products.
Students will engage in theoretical coursework, supported by a hands-on experience with a distinctive blend of workshops, seminars, specialised laboratories, and boot camps, allowing participants to effectively put their knowledge into practice.
Candidates already holding a first-level Academic Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree, or who are about to graduate within the programme beginning, and, in any case, within the Academic Year 2023-2024 (option available only for students graduating in an Italian Academy/University*).
Additional requirement for students applying to the Master of Arts: at least 15 years of previous Education. Candidates who have a working knowledge of English language (IELTS 5.0).
Participants not holding the official entry requirements may be evaluated for the Diploma Programme course and receive a Domus Academy Diploma*.
*Prior check with Admissions office before applying. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Every moral or authorship right as to the project remains property of the author.
• The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• All the material must be the result of an unpublished work developed by the candidate, not to be used in other previous occasions.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship presented in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.
• The scholarship will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• If a candidate declines a scholarship offer, the scholarship will be transferred to the next candidate on the list.
• Selected candidates accept that part of their work can be published on Websites and/or Social Media channel.