New Museum Kartell
Master in Urban Vision & Architectural Design
The competition is addressed to candidates who have a first-level degree and/or professional experience in architecture, urban planning, landscape design, civil engineering, or equivalent. It is also open to candidates who hold a degree/diploma in other disciplines, if they are motivated by an interest in the program’s topics and have a strong portfolio.
Projects will be selected and evaluated by the Faculty of the Master and the Admission Jury.
Please gather the following materials into one single file in .PDF format:
• Manifesto 500 words or visual equivalent
• Project boards in A3 format (minimum 3 max 5 boards) 300 dpi resolution file in PDF digital file including technical drawings (plans, sections and elevations) and lighting project.
*maximum file size 10 MB in one single pdf file.
• Competition application form
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Artistic or professional portfolio - *not mandatory.
• Motivation Letter
• Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma translated into English or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution.
• Official transcripts translated into English or most updated official transcripts if not yet graduated.
• IELTS 5.0 Academic or recognized equivalent certificate to be submitted within one month of course start date.
Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
•One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
•One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
•One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
•Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €28.600 (for non-EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included) and €19.900 (for EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included).
The works must be sent to Domus Academy by and no later than 25th October, 2019. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by email on 26th November, 2019.
MASTER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Cities are experimental laboratories where humans formulate and refine responses to our basic needs: those for shelter, relationships, movement, and commerce. In the Master in Urban Vision & Architectural Design program, you will learn and practice strategies for transforming a city—from private developments to public spaces. You will envision future landscape, urban, and architectural scenarios according to complex dynamics and evolving requirements.
Candidates already holding a first-level academic diploma or bachelor’s degree, or who are about to graduate within the academic year 2018–19.
Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate required within one month of course start date)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Every moral or authorship right as to the project remains property of the author.
•The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• All the material must be the result of an unpublished work developed by the candidate, not to be used in other previous occasions.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship presented in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.
• The scholarship will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• The assigned scholarship which will not be confirmed could be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking list.
• Participants that will be selected accept that part of their work may be published on Websites and/or Social Media channels of Domus Academy.