The competition is open to candidates who have a first-level degree and/or professional experience in interior design, product design, architecture, engineering, visual arts, or other related disciplines, who wish to take their careers to the next level in the field of interior design.
The applications will be selected and evaluated by the faculty of the master’s programme and the Admissions Jury.
• Digital presentation in PDF file format, A4 landscape, maximum 8 slides, structured as follows:
– Framework / Concept (one page)
– Research (case studies and information about the location, one page)
– Design proposal (general planimetry, detailed plans, cross sections, axonometry)
– Scenarios (final views or final renders)
The competition proposal must be accompanied by the following supplemental materials:
• Portfolio of projects
• Curriculum vitae
• Motivational letter
• Domus Academy Application form*
• Bachelor’s degree in Italian or English language
• Bachelor’s transcripts in Italian or English
• Copy of passport
• IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate
The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format.
ADDITIONAL FOR DOUBLE AWARD MASTER'S
• 2 Reference letters
• IELTS 5.5 overall and in every single part or equivalent certificate
• Bachelor’s degree in Italian or English language with GPA no lower than 2.2**
*Application fee is waived for competition participants
**Applications are opened also to students holding a Bachelor’s Degree lower than 2:2 provided that they have also one year of relevant work experience. Students in such case could be requested to attend an interview with the Postgraduate Admissions Panel and/or to produce further documentation upon request.
• One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €29.000 - Double Award Master's / €24.900 - Academic Master's (for non-EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included) and € 21.900 - Double Award Master's / €19.900 - Academic Master's (for EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included).
The applications must be sent to Domus Academy by and no later than October 8th 2021. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by email on October 27th.
MASTER PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
In the Master’s Programme in Interior & Living Design, students will consider a wide range of design practices as they learn to shape the space of interiors. They will be inspired to overcome disciplinary boundaries, make choices that are more sophisticated and more daring, and cultivate an attitude of continuous inquiry into the material and immaterial aspects of space. Students will learn the theory, best practices, and methodologies, they need not only to solve problems creatively but to define problems as well. As students collaborate with their international peers on company projects that re-invent the interior domain, they will come to place their own work within the context of the field. Milan is an ideal place to study interior design, with its long tradition of experimenting with and solving the design challenges of everyday life. It offers a variety of exemplary historical and contemporary interiors for their to visit and take as inspiration.
• Candidates already holding a first-level academic diploma or bachelor’s degree, or who are about to graduate within the academic year 2021–22
• Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language: IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate for Academic Master’s Programmes – IELTS 5.5 in all parts for Double Award Master’s Programmes.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All moral and authorship rights remain that of the author.
• Materials sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the project are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship described in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.