Interior and Living Design
Master in Interior & Living Design
The competition is open to candidates who have a first-level degree and/or professional experience in interior design, product design, architecture, engineering, visual arts, or other related disciplines, who wish to take their careers to the next level in the field of interior design.
The applications will be selected and evaluated by the faculty of the master’s program and the Admissions Jury.
• Digital presentation in PDF file format, A4 landscape, maximum 8 slides, structured as follows:
– Framework / Concept (one page)
– Research (case studies and information about the location, one page)
– Design proposal (general planimetry, interior details with furniture, cross sections, axonometry)
– Scenarios (final views or final renders)
• Competition application form
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Artistic or professional portfolio
• Motivation Letter
• Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma translated into English or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution.
• Official transcripts translated into English or most updated official transcripts if not yet graduated.
• IELTS 5.0 Academic or recognized equivalent certificate to be submitted within one month of course start date.
Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
• One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €29.000 (for non-EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included) and €20.900 (for EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included).
The applications must be sent to Domus Academy by and no later than 23rd October, 2020. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by email on 29th October, 2020.
MASTER PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
In the Master in Interior & Living Design program, you will consider a wide range of design practices as you learn to shape the space of interiors. You will be inspired to overcome disciplinary boundaries, make choices that are more sophisticated and more daring, and cultivate an attitude of continuous inquiry into the material and immaterial aspects of space. You will learn the theory, best practices, and methodologies you need not only to solve problems creatively—but to define problems as well. As you collaborate with your international peers on company projects that re- invent the interior domain, you will come to place your own work within the context of the field. Milan is an ideal place to study interior design, with its long tradition of experimenting with and solving the design challenges of everyday life. It offers a variety of exemplary historical and contemporary interiors for you to visit and take as inspiration.
• Candidates already holding a first-level academic diploma or bachelor’s degree, or who are about to graduate within the academic year 2019–20
• Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate required within one month of course start date
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All moral and authorship rights remain that of the author.
• Materials sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the project are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship described in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.