Master in Product Design
The competition is addressed to candidates who have a first-level degree and/or professional experience in interior design, product design, architecture, engineering, visual arts, or other disciplines related to the field of study, who want to take their career in product design to the next level.
The applications will be selected and evaluated by the Faculty of the Master and the Admission Jury.
• Digital project presentation, A4 format, landscape, 300 d.p.i., maximum 10 slides, structured as follows:
– Research (Case studies and recent technologies in the related field)
– Product development process (Hand sketches, illustration)
– Final proposal (Product rendering images, technical drawings)
– Scenarios (Detailed information of how to use the product, diagrams)
• Competition application form
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Artistic or professional portfolio
• Motivation Letter
• Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma translated into English or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution.
• Official transcripts translated into English or most updated official transcripts if not yet graduated.
• IELTS 5.0 Academic or recognized equivalent certificate to be submitted within one month of course start date.
Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
• One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the Master Programme
• One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the Master Programme
• One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the Master Programme
• Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the Master Programme
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €29.000 (for non-EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included) and €20.900 (for EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included).
The applications must be sent to Domus Academy by and no later than 23rd October, 2020. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by email on 29th October, 2020.
MASTER PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
Product design anticipates the future, envisioning new ways for humans to interact with both natural and artificial domains. In the Master's Programme in Product Design, you will explore the intersection of design, technology, and customer behavior.
You will have the opportunity to work on projects with companies on the front lines of product design, engineering, and business. You will learn how to analyze current industry directions, anticipate future trends, and explore new territories in design, technology, fabrication, and distribution.
• Candidates holding a first-level academic diploma or BA degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2019/20.
• Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate required within one month of course start date)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All moral and authorship rights remain that of the author.
• Materials sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the project are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship described in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.