Master in Service Design
The applications will be selected and evaluated by the Faculty of the Master and the Admission Jury
• Digital presentation in a single PDF file format, 16:9 aspect ratio, maximum 15 slides, structured as follows:
– Framework and Problem Setting: Which is candidate area of investigation?
– Research and insights: Which are the behaviors, needs, and motivations of candidate’s users? Which are candidate supporting references? Which are the best practices and solutions already available on the market?
– Persona: represent the user type(s) that might use candidate service.
– Challenge: Which is the problem candidate is going to solve?
– Solution: give a name to candidate project and describe it with 200 words
– How it works: detail candidate solutions through images, diagrams, sketches, and illustrations such as service map, stakeholder map, journey map touchpoints.• Competition application form
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Motivation Letter
• Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma translated into English or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution.
• Official transcripts translated into English or most updated official transcripts if not yet graduated.
• IELTS 5.0 Academic or recognized equivalent certificate to be submitted within one month of course start date.
• Essay Assignment - Describe why Service Design is an emerging field and conduct an analysis justifying the potential of the field. The analysis should map the scale of the field, include a discussion of contemporary examples and possible future directions. The essay should be max. 1500 words and may be supported with imagery, submitted in a pdf format.
Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
• One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €29.000 (for non-EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included) and €20.900 (for EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included).
The works must be sent to Domus Academy by and no later than 23rd October, 2020. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by email on 29th October, 2020.
MASTER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
In the Master in Service Design program, you will learn new skills in storytelling, prototyping, problem-solving, and business design
that you can apply to developing intuitive and relevant service ideas.
Through observing users, you will detect unmet customer needs and develop physical and virtual systems of service experience, working in close contact with professionals from private and public sector organizations.
• Candidates already holding a first-level academic diploma or bachelor’s degree, or who are about to graduate within the academic year 2019-20
• Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate required within one month of course start date)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All moral and authorship rights remain that of the author.
• Materials sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the provided materials are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship described in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.