Master in Service Design
The competition is open to candidates who have a first-level academic degree and/or strong background and experience in the field of Service Design who wish to take their careers to the next level.
Candidates with a background in other related disciplines and wider experience may also partecipate.
The applications will be selected and evaluated by the Faculty of the Master and the Admission Jury
• Digital presentation in PDF file format, 16:9 aspect ratio, structured as follows:
– framework and problem setting: which is your area of investigation?
– research and insights: which are your supporting references? Which are the best practices and solutions already available on the market? Which are the behaviors, needs, and motivations of your users?
– persona: represent the user type(s) that might use your service
– challenge: which is the problem you’re going to solve?
– solution: give a name to your project and describe it with 200 words
– how it works: detail your solutions through images, diagrams, sketches and illustrations such as service map, stakeholder map, journey map touchpoints
The competition proposal must be accompanied by the following supplemental materials:
• Curriculum vitae
• Motivational letter
• Portfolio of projects (not mandatory)
• Domus Academy Competition Application form
• Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma (in English) or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution if not graduated yet
• Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma’s official transcript/mark sheet (in English) or most updated official transcript/mark sheet if not graduated yet
• Copy of passport
• IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate
• Documentation regarding further courses or seminars attended (if available)
The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format. Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the Jury.
ADDITIONAL FOR DOUBLE AWARD MASTER'S
• 2 reference letters
• IELTS 5.5 overall and in every single part or equivalent certificate
• Bachelor’s degree in Italian or English language with GPA no lower than 2.2*
*Applications are opened also to students holding a Bachelor’s Degree lower than 2:2 provided that they have also one year of relevant work experience. Students in such case could be requested to attend an interview with the Postgraduate Admissions Panel and/or to produce further documentation upon request.
• 5 scholarships covering from 3.000€ to 7.500€ of the total tuition fee of the Academic Master’s Programme.
• 5 scholarships covering from 3.000€ to 9.000€ of the total tuition fee of the Double Award Master’s Programme.
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €29.000 - Double Award Master's / €24.900 - Academic Master's for non-EU passport holders (diploma fee is not included) and €23.000 - Double Award Master's / €21.900 - Academic Master's for EU passport holders (diploma fee is not included). Winners will be selected through a merit-based ranking.
The works must be delivered to Domus Academy by and no later than October 7th 2022. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by November 2nd 2022.
MASTER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
In the Master in Service Design program, you will learn new skills in storytelling, prototyping, problem-solving, and business design that you can apply to developing intuitive and relevant service ideas.
Through observing users, you will detect unmet customer needs and develop physical and virtual systems of service experience, working in close contact with professionals from private and public sector organizations.
• Candidates already holding a first-level Academic Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree, or who are about to graduate within the Master’s Programme beginning, and, in any case, within the Academic Year 2022-23 (prior check with Admission Office).
• Candidates holding a Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma not lower than 2:2 (British undergraduate degree classification) for the Double Award Master’s Programmes. Students holding a Bachelor Degree lower than 2:2 will be asked to take an admission interview and they must prove also one year of professional experience.
• Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 for the Academic Master’s Programmes - IELTS 5.5 both overall and in every single part for the Double Award Master’s Programmes).
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Every moral or authorship right as to the project remains property of the author.
• The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• All the material must be the result of an unpublished work developed by the candidate, not to be used in other previous occasions.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship presented in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.
• The scholarship will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• If a candidate declines a scholarship offer, the scholarship will be transferred to the next candidate on the list.
• Selected candidates accept that part of their work can be published on Websites and/or Social Media channel.