Master in Urban Vision & Architectural Design
Urban Vision & Architectural Design
The competition is addressed to candidates who have a first-level degree and/or professional experience in architecture, urban planning, landscape design, civil engineering, or equivalent. It is also open to candidates who hold a degree/diploma in other disciplines, if they are motivated by an interest in the program’s topics and have a strong portfolio.
The applications will be evaluated by the Faculty of the Master and the Admission Jury.
• Digital presentation in PDF file format, A4 landscape, maximum 8 slides, structured as follows:
– Framework / Concept (one page)
– Research (case studies and information about the location, one page)
– Design proposal (general planimetry, detailed plans, cross sections, axonometry)
– Scenarios (final views or final renders)
• Competition application form
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Artistic or professional portfolio
• Motivation Letter
• Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma translated into English or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution.
• Official transcripts translated into English or most updated official transcripts if not yet graduated.
• IELTS 5.0 Academic or recognized equivalent certificate to be submitted within two months before the course start date.
Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
•One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the Master Programme
•One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the Master Programme
•One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the Master Programme
•Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the Master Programme
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €29.000 (for non-EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included) and €20.900 (for EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included).
The applications must be sent to Domus Academy by and no later than 9th April, 2021. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by email on 10th May, 2021.
MASTER PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
Cities are experimental laboratories where humans formulate and refine responses to our basic needs: those for shelter, relationships, movement, and commerce. In the Master in Urban Vision & Architectural Design program, you will learn and practice strategies for transforming a city—from private developments to public spaces. You will envision future landscape, urban, and architectural scenarios according to complex dynamics and evolving requirements.
Candidates already holding a first-level academic diploma or bachelor’s degree, or who are about to graduate within the academic year 2020–21.
Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate required within two months before the course start date)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All moral and authorship rights remain that of the author.
• Materials sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the provided materials are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship described in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.