Master in Fashion Design
The competition is for candidates who have a first-level degree and/or professional experience in fashion design. It is also open to candidates with a background in other disciplines, who have a deep interest in the program’s topics and possess a strong portfolio.
The applications will be selected and evaluated by the faculty of the Master in Fashion Design program, Sara Sozzani Maino of Vogue Talents, and the Domus Academy Admissions Jury.
• Your artistic and professional portfolio of projects with a selection of your best projects, clearly showing your skills and experience in the field of fashion: visual research, sketching, illustration, technical drawing, and garment production.
• Competition application form
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Motivation Letter
• Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma translated into English or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution.
• Official transcripts translated into English or most updated official transcripts if not yet graduated.
• IELTS 5.0 Academic or recognized equivalent certificate to be submitted within one month of course start date. *
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
• One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €28.600 (for non-EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included) and €20.900 (for EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included).
The applications must be sent to Domus Academy by and no later than 17th April, 2020. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by email on 7th May, 2020.
MASTER’S PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The Master in Fashion Design program brings students into direct contact with the fashion design industry in Italy and abroad. You will have the rare and exciting opportunity to develop your own original, compelling fashion collection under the guidance of industry professionals.
Through theoretical studies and project experiences, you will develop an individual mode of expression, explore the cultural factors that influence fashion trends, learn the ins and outs of production, and create innovative solutions.
Besides honing the “problem solving” skills that every fashion designer needs, you will also develop a “problem defining” approach: the ability to delineate the parameters of each challenge. As you learn to follow your intuition and promote your aesthetic vision within those parameters, you will become more aware of the reasons behind your own fashion design choices and those of others.
• Candidates already holding a first-level academic diploma or bachelor’s degree, or who are about to graduate within the academic year 2019–20
• Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate required within one month of course start date)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All moral and authorship rights remain that of the author.
• Materials sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the project are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship described in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.