Master in Fashion Management
The competition is open to candidates who have a first-level academic degree and/or strong background and experience in the field of Fashion Management who wish to take their careers to the next level.
Candidates with a background in other related disciplines and wider experience may also partecipate.
The applications will be evaluated by the Faculty of the Master and the Admission Jury.
• Digital project presentation, A4 format, landscape, 300 d.p.i., maximum 10 slides, with the following:
– A selection of relevant data with references and analytical models;
– Visual research on trends, target customers, and market analysis;
– A written description of your proposed strategy supported by visual mockups (the written portion should be 1000 words maximum).
The competition proposal must be accompanied by the following supplemental materials:
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Motivational letter
• Portfolio of projects (not mandatory)
• Domus Academy Competition Application form
• Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma (in English) or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution if not graduated yet
• Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma’s official transcript/mark sheet (in English) or most updated official transcript/mark sheet if not graduated yet
• Copy of passport
• IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate
• Documentation regarding further courses or seminars attended (if available)
The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format. Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the Jury.
ADDITIONAL FOR DOUBLE AWARD MASTER'S
• 2 Reference letters
• IELTS 5.5 overall and in every single part or equivalent certificate
• Bachelor’s degree in Italian or English language with GPA no lower than 2.2*
*Applications are opened also to students holding a Bachelor’s Degree lower than 2:2 provided that they have also one year of relevant work experience. Students in such case could be requested to attend an interview with the Postgraduate Admissions Panel and/or to produce further documentation upon request.
• 5 scholarships covering from 3.000€ to 7.500€ of the total tuition fee of the Academic Master’s Programme.
• 5 scholarships covering from 3.000€ to 9.000€ of the total tuition fee of the Double Award Master’s Programme.
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee. Winners will be selected through a merit-based ranking.
The works must be delivered to Domus Academy by and no later than October 7th 2022. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by November 2nd 2022.
MASTER PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
The Master in Fashion Management is a multidisciplinary program for dynamic individuals wishing to enhance their creative and managerial skills within the world of fashion. Through a combination of theory and hands-on practice, the program turns students into professionals who understand the language and rules of the fashion system and who have expertise in the fields of brand management, fashion buying, and communications.
In this program, you will work in close collaboration with fashion industry managers and creative professionals. You will gain the skills you need to generate market and consumer insights, create business proposals, define your own analytic approach and language of expression, and develop advanced research projects.
• Candidates already holding a first-level Academic Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree, or who are about to graduate within the Master’s Programme beginning, and, in any case, within the Academic Year 2022-23 (prior check with Admission Office).
• Candidates holding a Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma not lower than 2:2 (British undergraduate degree classification) for the Double Award Master’s Programmes. Students holding a Bachelor Degree lower than 2:2 will be asked to take an admission interview and they must prove also one year of professional experience.
• Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 for the Academic Master’s Programmes - IELTS 5.5 both overall and in every single part for the Double Award Master’s Programmes).
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Every moral or authorship right as to the project remains property of the author.
• The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• All the material must be the result of an unpublished work developed by the candidate, not to be used in other previous occasions.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship presented in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.
• The scholarship will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• If a candidate declines a scholarship offer, the scholarship will be transferred to the next candidate on the list.
• Selected candidates accept that part of their work can be published on Websites and/or Social Media channel.