Master in Fashion Styling and Visual Merchandising
Fashion Styling & Visual Merchandising
This competition is for candidates who have a first-level degree and/or professional experience in fashion design, fashion styling, visual merchandising, design, photography, architecture or communication. It is also open to candidates with a background in industrial design, journalism, media, or related fields, who have a deep interest in the program’s topics and possess a strong portfolio.
The applications will be evaluated by the faculty of the master’s programme and the Admissions Jury.
• Digital project presentation, A4 format, landscape, 300 d.p.i., maximum 10 slides and include the following content:
– Documentation of research and analysis
– Mood boards
– Renderings and/or video
• Competition application form*
• Portfolio of projects
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Motivation Letter
• Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma translated into English or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution.
• Official transcripts translated into English or most updated official transcripts if not yet graduated.
• Language Certificate
• IELTS 5.0 Academic or recognized equivalent certificate to be submitted within two months before the course start date.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
• One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €29.000 (for non-EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included) and €20.900 (for EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included).
The applications must be sent to Domus Academy by and no later than April 9th, 2021. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by email on May 10th, 2021.
MASTER’S PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
The Master in Fashion Styling & Visual Merchandising program blends the roles of the visual merchandiser and the fashion stylist to create a new professional profile: the visual fashion brand communicator, whose scope encompasses lookbooks, advertising campaigns, editorials, websites, social media, and multi-sensorial retail concepts.
You will learn how to convey the brand values and identity of a fashion collection through powerful image-based storytelling and visual merchandising strategies for window and in-store displays.
• Candidates already holding a first-level academic diploma or bachelor’s degree, or who are about to graduate within the academic year 2020–21
• Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate required within two months before the course start date)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All moral and authorship rights remain that of the author.
• Materials sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the provided materials are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship described in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.