Master in Fashion Styling and Visual Merchandising
The competition is open to candidates who have a first-level academic degree and/or strong background and experience in the field of Fashion Styling & Visual Merchandising who wish to take their careers to the next level.
Candidates with a background in other related disciplines and wider experience may also partecipate.
The applications will be evaluated by the faculty of the master’s programme and the Admissions Jury.
• Digital project presentation, A4 format, landscape, 300 d.p.i., maximum 15 slides, with the following:
– a 250-word abstract describing inspiration, concept, with moodboard;
– branded content (fashion editorial, fashion movie) or visual display (renderings of window and/or in-store display).
The competition proposal must be accompanied by the following supplemental materials:
• Portfolio of projects
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Motivational letter
• Domus Academy Competition Application form
• Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma (in English) or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution if not graduated yet
• Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma’s official transcript/mark sheet (in English) or most updated official transcript/mark sheet if not graduated yet
• Copy of passport
• IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate
• Documentation regarding further courses or seminars attended (if available)
The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format. Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the Jury.
ADDITIONAL FOR DOUBLE AWARD MASTER'S
• 2 reference letters
• IELTS 5.5 overall and in every single part or equivalent certificate
• Bachelor’s degree in Italian or English language with GPA no lower than 2.2*
*Applications are opened also to students holding a Bachelor’s Degree lower than 2:2 provided that they have also one year of relevant work experience. Students in such case could be requested to attend an interview with the Postgraduate Admissions Panel and/or to produce further documentation upon request.
• Scholarships covering from 6.000€ to 9.000€ of the total tuition fee both for the Academic Master's Programme and the Double Award Master's Programme.
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €29.700 - Double Award Master's / €25.700 - Academic Master's for non-EU passport holders (diploma fee is not included) and €23.900 - Double Award Master's / €22.400 - Academic Master's for EU passport holders (diploma fee is not included). Winners will be selected through a merit-based ranking.
The works must be delivered to Domus Academy by and no later than October 6th 2023. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by October 31st 2023.
MASTER’S PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
The Master in Fashion Styling & Visual Merchandising program blends the roles of the visual merchandiser and the fashion stylist to create a new professional profile: the visual fashion brand communicator, whose scope encompasses lookbooks, advertising campaigns, editorials, websites, social media, and multi-sensorial retail concepts.
You will learn how to convey the brand values and identity of a fashion collection through powerful image-based storytelling and visual merchandising strategies for window and in-store displays.
Candidates already holding a first-level Academic Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree, or who are about to graduate within the Master’s Programme beginning, and, in any case, within the Academic Year 2022 - 2023 (prior check with Admission Office).
Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma not lower than 2:2 (British undergraduate degree classification) for Double Award Master’s Programmes candidates.
English language requirement:
• IELTS 5.0 for Academic Master’s Programmes
• IELTS 5.5 both overall and in every single part for Double Award Master’s Programmes
Participants not holding the official entry requirements may be evaluated for the Diploma Programme and, at the end of the course, will receive a Domus Academy Diploma, prior check with Admissions office before applying.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Every moral or authorship right as to the project remains property of the author.
• The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• All the material must be the result of an unpublished work developed by the candidate, not to be used in other previous occasions.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship presented in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.
• The scholarship will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• If a candidate declines a scholarship offer, the scholarship will be transferred to the next candidate on the list.
• Selected candidates accept that part of their work can be published on Websites and/or Social Media channel.