The competition is open to candidates who have a first-level academic degree and/or strong background and experience in the fields of Fashion, Design, Architecture, Visual Arts, Communication and Business, as well as junior professionals working or willing to work in creative industries fields.
Candidates with a background in other related disciplines and wider experience may also partecipate.
The applications will be evaluated by the faculty of the master’s programme and the Admissions Jury.
MATERIALS REQUIRED FOR ALL MASTER'S PROGRAMMES
• Domus Academy Competition Application Form
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Motivational letter
• Portfolio of projects (not mandatory for Master in Business Design, Master in Fashion Management, Master in Luxury Brand Management, Master in Service Design)
• Essay Assignment only for Master's in Service Design: describe why Service Design is an emerging field and conduct an analysis justifying the potential of the field. The analysis should map the scale of the field, include a discussion of contemporary examples and possible future directions. The essay should be max. 1500 words and may be supported with imagery, submitted in a pdf format.
• Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma (in English) or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution if not graduated yet.
• Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma’s official transcript/mark sheet (in English) or most updated official transcript/mark sheet if not graduated yet.
• Copy of passport
• IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate
• Documentation regarding further courses or seminars attended (if available)
The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format. Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the Jury.
ADDITIONAL FOR DOUBLE AWARD MASTER'S
• 2 reference letters
• IELTS 5.5 overall and in every single part or equivalent certificate
• Bachelor’s degree in Italian or English language with GPA no lower than 2.2*
*Applications are opened also to students holding a Bachelor’s Degree lower than 2:2 provided that they have also one year of relevant work experience. Students in such case could be requested to attend an interview with the Postgraduate Admissions Panel and/or to produce further documentation upon request.
• Scholarships covering from 3.000€ to 5.000€ of the total tuition fee of the Academic Master’s Programme.
• Scholarships covering from 3.500€ to 5.500€ of the total tuition fee of the Double Award Master’s Programme.
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee. Winners will be selected through a merit-based ranking.
The works must be delivered to Domus Academy by and no later than October 7th 2022.
Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by e-mail on November 2nd 2022.
When you submit your project, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates already holding a first-level Academic Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree, or who are about to graduate within the Master’s Programme beginning, and, in any case, within the Academic Year 2022-23 (prior check with Admission Office).
Candidates holding a Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma not lower than 2:2 (British undergraduate degree classification) for the Double Award Master’s Programmes. Students holding a Bachelor Degree lower than 2:2 will be asked to take an admission interview and they must prove also one year of professional experience.
Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 for the Academic Master’s Programmes - IELTS 5.5 both overall and in every single part for the Double Award Master’s Programmes).
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All moral and authorship rights remain that of the author.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the standards defined by the jury. The jury will make these judgments at its own discretion, and its decision is final.
• The scholarship described in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.
• The scholarship amount will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• If a candidate declines a scholarship offer, the scholarship may be transferred to the next candidate on the list.