Visual Brand Design
Master in Visual Brand Design
The competition is addressed to candidates who have a first-level degree and/or professional experience in visual and graphic design, product design, or communication. It is also open to candidates who hold a degree/diploma in marketing or the humanities, if they are motivated by interest in visual brand design and a strong portfolio.
The applications will be evaluated by the faculty of the master’s programme and the Admissions Jury.
• Digital project presentation, A4 format, landscape, 300 d.p.i., maximum 15 slides including a careful analysis on the topic (social issue) and the brand selected by you; best examples of campaigns on that topic; your creative idea (concept) explaining why you think that it would be successful; suggest the most important touchpoints of your communication campaign (e.g. outdoor adv.-posters; social media plan, YouTube, in store adv., event ..); design 2 of these suggested touchpoints as mockups and contextualize them (e.g. for posters: try to contextualize your visual output into the place that you think is the best for your campaign).
• Portfolio of projects
• Curriculum vitae
• Motivational letter
• Domus Academy Application form*
• Bachelor’s degree in Italian or English language
• Bachelor’s transcripts in Italian or English
• Copy of passport
• IELTS test official score report
Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury.
The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
• One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
• Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the master’s programme
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €29.000 (for non-EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included) and €20.900 (for EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included).
The applications must be sent to Domus Academy by and no later than 23rd October, 2020. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by email on 29th October, 2020.
MASTER’S PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
The Master’s Programme in Visual Brand Design aims to form effective, dynamic, and versatile visual brand designers and brand managers who are open to visionary innovations.
Students will learn to identify a company’s core philosophy, cultivate a deep understanding of its products and services, and design innovative ways to communicate the company’s brand values and story to its customers through physical, digital, and social media.
• Candidates already holding a first-level academic diploma or bachelor’s degree, or who are about to graduate within the academic year 2019–20
• Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate required within one month of course start date)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All moral and authorship rights remain that of the author.
• Materials sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the provided materials are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship described in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.