Visual Brand Design
Master in Visual Brand Design
The competition is addressed to candidates who have a first-level degree and/or professional experience in visual and graphic design, product design, or communication. It is also open to candidates who hold a degree/diploma in marketing or the humanities, if they are motivated by interest in visual brand design and a strong portfolio.
Projects will be selected and evaluated by the Faculty of the Master and the Admission Jury.
• PDF Digital presentation (15 pages maximum) with:
- to write a careful analysis of the brand (history, heritage, values, products)
- to create a mood board of your concept explaining why you think that it would be successful
- to suggest the most important touchpoint of your communication campaign (e.g. outdoor adv-posters; social media plan, youtube, in store adv, ..) to design 2 of these suggested touchpoints as mockups and contextualize them (e.g. for posters: try to contextualize your visual output into the place that you think is the best for your campaign).
*maximum file size 10 MB in one single pdf file
• Competition application form
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Artistic or professional portfolio
• Motivation Letter
• Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma translated into English or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution.
• Official transcripts translated into English or most updated official transcripts if not yet graduated.
• IELTS 5.0 Academic or recognized equivalent certificate to be submitted within one month of course start date.
Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
• One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
• One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
• One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
• Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €28.600 (for non-EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included) and €19.900 (for EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included).
The works must be sent to Domus Academy by and no later than 25th October, 2019. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by email on 26th November, 2019.
MASTER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The Master in Visual Brand Design aims to form effective, dynamic, and versatile visual brand designers and brand managers who are open to visionary innovations.
You will learn to identify a company’s core philosophy, cultivate a deep understanding of its products and services, and design innovative ways to communicate the company’s brand values and story to its customers through physical, digital, and social media.
• Candidates holding a first-level academic diploma or BA degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2018/19. and with a knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate).
• Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate required within one month of course start date).
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All moral and authorship rights remain that of the author.
• The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• All the material must be the result of an unpublished work developed by the candidate, not to be used in other previous occasions.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarship presented in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.
• The scholarship will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• The assigned scholarship which will not be confirmed could be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking list.
• Participants that will be selected accept that part of their work could be published on Websites and/or Social Media channels of Domus Academy.