You Are The Talent
Master in Fashion Design
The competition is for candidates who have a first-level degree and/or professional experience in fashion design. It is also open to candidates with a background in other disciplines, who have a deep interest in the program’s topics and possess a strong portfolio.
Projects will be selected and evaluated by the faculty of the Master in Fashion Design program, Sara Sozzani Maino of Vogue Talents, and the Domus Academy Admissions Jury.
• A 250-word abstract describing the inspiration, concept, and key elements of the collection (silhouette, materials, finishing, colours)
• A mood board showing your visual research of the color palette
• A minimum of six sketches of the outfits in the collection (women’s wear and/or menswear)
• A photo shoot of one outfit realized within the collection; the shoot should be aimed at communicating the project and the product
*The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format.
• Your artistic and professional portfolio of projects with a selection of your best projects, clearly showing your skills and experience in the field of fashion: visual research, sketching, illustration, technical drawing, and garment production.
• Competition application form
• Curriculum vitae/resume
• Motivation Letter
• Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Diploma translated into English or official certificate of expected graduation issued by your institution.
• Official transcripts translated into English or most updated official transcripts if not yet graduated.
• IELTS 5.0 Academic or recognized equivalent certificate to be submitted within one month of course start date. *
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
• One scholarship covering 60% of the total tuition fee of the master’s program
• One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the master’s program
• One scholarship covering 40% of the total tuition fee of the master’s program
• Two special mentions covering 20% of the total tuition fee of the master’s program
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to €28.600 (for non-EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included) and €19.900 (for EU passport holders - diploma fee is not included).
The works must be sent to Domus Academy by and no later than 25th October, 2019. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by email on 26th November, 2019.
MASTER’S PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The Master in Fashion Design program brings students into direct contact with the fashion design industry in Italy and abroad. You will have the rare and exciting opportunity to develop your own original, compelling fashion collection under the guidance of industry professionals.
Through theoretical studies and project experiences, you will develop an individual mode of expression, explore the cultural factors that influence fashion trends, learn the ins and outs of production, and create innovative solutions.
Besides honing the “problem solving” skills that every fashion designer needs, you will also develop a “problem defining” approach: the ability to delineate the parameters of each challenge. As you learn to follow your intuition and promote your aesthetic vision within those parameters, you will become more aware of the reasons behind your own fashion design choices and those of others.
• Candidates already holding a first-level academic diploma or bachelor’s degree, or who are about to graduate within the academic year 2018–19
• Candidates who have a working knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate required within one month of course start date)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All moral and authorship rights remain that of the author.
• The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned.
• All the material created for this competition must be unpublished work developed by the candidate, not used on previous occasions.
• Domus Academy is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the standards defined by the jury. The jury will make these judgments at its own discretion, and its decision is final.
• The scholarship described in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by Domus Academy.
• The scholarship amount will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• If a candidate declines a scholarship offer, the scholarship may be transferred to the next candidate on the jury list.
• Winning participants accept that part of their work may be published on the websites and/or social media channels of the institutions involved.